The Salvation Army’s Most Amazing Race is an annual city-wide challenge race held in and around Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on a Saturday each Fall. This year the race will be held on Saturday, August 27, 2016.
Patterned after the CBS show “The Amazing Race,” this Most Amazing Race combines challenges that are physical (kayaking, running, rock climbing), mental (puzzle solving, strategizing), and sometimes even silly (singing, eating contests), which scatters teams of two all over Pittsburgh.
The conclusion of the race involves a check presentation to the winning team as well as prizes to other top performing teams. Teams must raise funds to benefit The Salvation Army’s youth programming in order to qualify for the race, and are awarded advantages in the race and great prizes for being among the top fundraisers.
ENTRY CRITERIA & DETAILS
- A minimum of $250 per team is required to qualify for the race. The top 50 fundraising teams will gain entry to the race. The more money raised for The Salvation Army, the better the starting position your team will have at the starting line.
- Only teams of 2 can participate in the race.
- Your team must register on this site and commit the funds by the deadline. Funds can be contributed online, by check or as cash.
- Your team must be 18 years of age or older to participate in the race.
- Your team must be in good physical health to participate in the race.